Buyers can register on the checkout page.
- Simply add your desired product to cart and proceed to checkout.
- Enter your address for delivery options.
- If delivery is available, complete all your details and place the order.
Searching for parts
- Search bar: Use the search bar at the top to type in a keyword. Suggestions will appear as you type.
- Category search: Search parts by category using the category menus at the top of the page (left menu on mobile). Refine your search with the filter.
- Vehicle filter: Use the vehicle filter on the left side of the page (Filter button on top for mobile) to narrow down parts to specific vehicles.
Sold by label
The seller name is shown just after the Sold by label (Individuals or Business name). If we don't have the required information from the seller, the Add to cart button will be removed.
Buyers can message the seller to do the transaction online using our platform with buyer protection.
Placing your order
Message the seller from the product page for any additional information. Make sure you’ve reviewed the part thoroughly from the description and photos provided before buying.
- Add parts to your cart as you find them from suppliers.
- When ready for payment, click on your cart and proceed to checkout.
- On successful payment, the orders will be sent to all suppliers.
Managing your order
When you buy a part, the funds are held in an escrow account by Tradesafe until you’ve received your order. Payment is released to the seller when you indicate acceptance on the platform.
Your orders can be found in your account on the orders tab.
You can rate the seller on the platform once you've accepted your order.
Tap the orange SELL button in the top right corner. You can choose between Quick upload (ideal for individuals) and Advanced selling (ideal for businesses).
- Choose a relevant title.
- Upload clear photos.
- Describe the part fully with part numbers (if known), any defects (for used parts) and applicable vehicles. Let the buyer know exactly what they're buying.
Customers pay with eft, card, instant eft or snapscan on checkout. Please note that these funds are held in escrow by our payment provider until the buyer receives the order and is then paid out to the seller. Please also see the FAQ section.
For individuals not familiar with couriers or without courier accounts, we recommend using The Courier Guy's ship once off portal.
Advanced sellers can use the courier of their choice and setup shipping costs to be included on checkout. (More info and videos in your Store manager knowledgebase). You can also setup local pickup, meaning buyers can choose to collect from your premises on checkout.
The Second-Hand Goods Act (ACT 6 of 2009)
This Act requires that all persons who carries on a business of dealing in second-hand goods must register with the South African Police Service.
A dealer means any person that carries on a business of dealing (acquiring and disposing of) in second-hand goods for a profit.
It is important to note that a person who only disposes of his or her privately owned used goods as a “once-off”, does not resort
under the Act and therefore does not have to register as a second-hand goods dealer.
Sellers can use their courier of choice. You’ll need to define shipping costs in the shipping section of your dashboard. When the buyer selects your item and adds it to their cart, shipping cost will be calculated to their location and charged on checkout based on the costs you’ve setup.
Choosing a courier
If you have your own courier already you’ll have a good idea how to configure the shipping costs.
If you don’t have a courier account, The Courier Guy has a very handy online quoting system where you can get an instant quote on shipping your product to different provinces.
If you don't want to go the courier route, Postnet2Postnet can ship packages up to 15kg volumetric weight. You simply drop off your packaged part to your closest Postnet and give them the buyers details. You can view their costs here www.postnet.co.za/domestic-postnet2postnet.
Shipping costs (Advanced selling)
Shipping is disabled by default. To enable shipping go to your Store manager->Settings->Shipping. You can define shipping costs for the following:
- A flat rate across South Africa.
- Per product additional price.
- Per quantity additional price.
- Free shipping over a minimum order amount.
- Per province additional cost.
- Distance based shipping.
- Local pickup
For more detailed information consult the Knowledgebase in your Store manager.
Things to remember
- Always use the packaged dimensions and weight when setting up shipping costs.
- There might be restrictions on what a courier will ship. Contact the courier if you’re unsure.
- Most couriers include insurance for new items but not second hand items.
Visit the ‘Wanted products’ link at the bottom of the website in the footer section.
Buyers can request parts by filling out the form, sellers can respond to requests by viewing the list of wanted parts.
All sales are final once the buyer has accepted the order on the platform. If you decline the order we ask you to act in good faith.
Returns are firmly agreed upon in the Policies between the buyer and seller. If the goods received are not as described in the contract/agreement you will have the opportunity to renegotiate the terms.
If it is agreed to return the goods to the seller, the buyer is responsible for returning the goods and for the cost associated with the return unless agreed otherwise by both parties.
To initiate a return:
- Contact the seller directly to describe the problem. The customer support details can be found in your order email.
- If it is agreed to return the goods, arrange the collection details.
- If the seller accepts the return, the buyer will be refunded less fees.
Alternatively, consider listing the item back on the platform.